Sunday, January 6, 2013

Shall we begin with the FROSTING?????!!!!!




I love frosting with all my heart, second only to my husband. Also, I love Martha. So much so, I'm gonna marry her. She is the goddess who has created the most exquisite Chocolate Frosting known to humankind. Seriously. It is soooooooo creamy, soooooooo moist. The creamy-moist lasts for DAYS, and as all you bakers out there can attest, frostings are very quick to harden/dry, even if kept in the fridge.
This morning, I have arisen bright and early to bake Yellow Cupcakes for our NFL Sunday afternoon treat (and my breakfast!!!!!!) and topped them with Martha's most deliciously yummmmiest Chocolate Frosting! I only hope my sugar crash is delayed until after I finish blogging ;-)

(before we start baking - here are my new measuring cups and spoons, which make cupcake-baking all the more SWEETLY SWEET for me!!!!!!!!)



Chocolate Frosting
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup cocoa
12 tablespoons butter (this is 1 1/2 sticks, so night quite as buttery as it sounds ;-)
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla (never use imitation Vanilla - I'll say this a million times like the hen-pecking hen I am!!!!!!!!!!!)
In a large bowl, sift dry ingredients together
Add the wet and mix until the creamy-moist-dream appears before your very eyes!!!
Lick lick LICK the beaters!!!!!!!!

Yellow Cupcakes
Yield 12
350*
20-25 minutes

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 large cage-free!!!!! eggs
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside
Mix milk and Vanilla
Beat together butter and sugar until blended thoroughly,
Add eggs 1 at a time and beat,
Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients and beat,
Add the milk and Vanilla mixture and beat,
Add remaining dry ingredients and beat until smooth
(yes, you may now lick the batter UP to your heart's content!!!!!!)

- If a recipe asks you to sift or whisk or add ingredients in a certain way, PLEASE DO SO!!!!!! It actually makes a significant difference in the way the ingredients blend together and in the end result. I have learned this lesson the very hard way :-(

TA DAAAAA!!!!!!!!



(I should mention here that my husband has a THING for candy sprinkles, so you will find them bravely garnishing the peak of many a cupcake I bake)

Happy Hubby Watching Football -


1 comment: